Liaison – Chrestyna Kmetj
20 September 2018
The Australian Ukrainian Parliamentary Friendship Group over the last number of months has been working in a number of areas to promote bi-lateral Government to Government, Government to Business and Business to Business opportunities.
Meetings in both Ukraine and Australia, have been productive.
Business and health have highlighted, with programs now progressing. Meetings with Members of Parliament have successfully drawn attention to and increased understanding to the relevance of these programs.
The Canberra event held on September 11, together with the Embassy of Ukraine, highlighted the positive and progressive opportunities for bi-lateral links between both countries.
Ukraine Meetings – July 2018
American Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce
(2 meetings in Kyiv)
– Discussed current bi-lateral business between Australia and Ukraine; future opportunities; using the American Chamber as a guide for establishing real connections with Australian businesses, NGO’s and government within Ukraine; discussed the state of business between Merx Ukraine and Merx Australia.
Department of Health Ukraine; Head of the Center for Mental Health and Traumatherapy
– Discussed the then initial stages of establishing Lifeline in Ukraine, it’s logistics, government support and potential challenges, post visit to Ukraine by Alan Woodward, CEO Lifeline Australia and his report.
CEO Statement Email
– When we met Paul had just greed that week to take over from Pete Shmigel the running of Lifeline Ukraine. We are now working together to implement this program with support from the Australian Government.
Vadym & Svitlana Grygoriev
Owners – Merx Ukraine
– Outlined the amazing range of activities and programs of members of CYOA, 70 years settlement anniversary, Holodomor, member groups of CYOA, bi-lateral business with Merx Australia – within the context of potential sponsorship of joint promotional video/movies being created with and for CYOA and Gennadiy Kravets of Etalon Studios.
Meetings with Greg Hunt MP & Stefan Romaniw
– Discussed government support for the establishment of Lifeline Ukraine, based on the guidelines and report by Alan Woodward CEO Lifeline Australia
Meeting with Greg Hunt and email correspondence
– Lifeline Australia
– Outlining importance of meeting with Ulana Suprun, Acting Minister of Health Ukraine
– Meeting to be scheduled for November visit of Dr.Suprun
Presentation 11 September 2018, Parliament House, Canberra
Hon. Mykola Kulinich, Stefan Romaniw, Halyna Yusypiuk, Chrestyna Kmetj
Chairs – Chris Crewther MP and Senator Catryna Bilyk
Briefing of MP’s, Senators and staff of current status of relations between Australia and Ukraine:
Democracy, defence, Health, cyber security, immigration, business, visas, free trade agreement.
Positive outlook to encourage bi-lateral business opportunities and stronger government ties
Positive talks with David Coleman MP, Federal Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs
Maria Vamvakinou MP
Richard Marles MP