May 26, 2016
UKRAINE’S AMBASSADOR TO AUSTRALIA VISITING VICTORIA TO PROMOTE MESSAGE OF GRATITUDE AND THAT UKRAINE IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Ukraine’s Ambassador to Australia, His Excellency Mykola Kulinich commences his official Victorian visit today May 26, 2016.
The visit is being facilitated and hosted by the Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations(AFUO) and the Association of Ukrainians in Victoria.(AUV)
The AFUO has facilitated a wide-ranging list of meetings for the Ambassador during his stay which include meetings with:
- Her Excellency Governor of Victoria Linda Dessau
- Presiding officers of the Victorian Parliament – Speaker the Hon Telmo Languillier and President the Hon Bruce Atkinson
- Minister for Finance and Multicultural Affairs the Hon Robin Scott
- The Leader of the Opposition The Hon Matthew Guy
An official reception hosted by the AFUO and AUV to meet with representatives of Melbourne Consular Corps, Government, Business and Ukrainian community leaders has also been organised.
The Australian Ukraine Chamber of Commerce will host a business meeting.
The Ambassador will lay a wreath at the Holodomor monument at the Ukrainian Autocephalic Orthodox Church in Essendon.
He will also visit
- The Ukrainian Community School in North Melbourne
- Ukrainian Elderly People’s Home, Kalyna
- Association of Ukrainians in Victoria in Geelong
- Meet with AUV Geelong Branch Executive, the Local Catholic and Orthodox Parishes in Geelong
Meetings will also be held with;
- Bishop Peter Stasiuk Eparch of UGCC and Bishop Venedykt from Lviv who is currently in Melbourne
- Representatives of Kalyna Care Board
- Ukrainian Women’s Association, National Executive
- Executive committees of the AFUO and AUV
The Ambassador will also be a guest at the Starlight Children’s Foundation 5 Chef’s Dinner.
A community meeting will be held at the Community centre in Essendon on Sunday May 29, 2016 at 2.00pm
“The Ambassador’s visit is part of a cycle of national visits the AFUO is organising. The planned meetings will give the Ambassador an opportunity to spread a strong message that Ukraine appreciates Australia’s’ support and that Ukraine is open for business, for tourism and for exchanges.
The planned program also gives the Ambassador the opportunity to familiarise himself with the Ukrainian community in Victoria.” Mr Stefan Romaniw chairman of AFUO said today.
The Ambassador is available for interview and comment.
Further information: Stefan Romaniw 0419531255