My name is Taras Galas.
I came on board the AFUO executive as Cultural Director in June 2009.
I bring a vast array of knowledge working as a team member. I was Youth Director for the Association of Ukrainians in Victoria for 10 years. My experience in the Arts has been in Ukrainian dancing and singing for over 30 years with performances with many Ukrainian dance ensembles throughout Australia and overseas. I began the ‘Cossack Brothers’ Ukrainian Cabaret Dance group in 1996 and as the Artistic Director still dancing strong! I have a great passion for our rich Ukrainian Culture and believe it is extemely important for our community to maintain and develop our culture for future generations.
I see my role as Cultural Director to help promote and guide our Ukrainian culture of dance, song, music and creative arts with our local ensembles and artists throughout Australia and visiting international groups.
- To support our Ukrainian cultural groups and artists within Australia
- Promote our Ukrainian culture to the broader Australian community through festivals
- Centralise all Ukrainian cultural activities through one comprehensive portal
- Be the community channel for all national and international cultural groups
- Invite and arrange international artists to Australia to perform and teach workshops in all areas of the arts
- Create and sustain a functional communication network for all Ukrainian cultural groups within Australia
Please contact me if you have any ideas on how we can continue to create a stronger community culturally.
Keep on dancing,